Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Princess

For starters... I'm typing this blog entry with a tiara on my head. Ella decided to crown me Princess Mommy. Our little one is into anything princess. Her best friend, Hannah, traded Christmas gifts last night. Ella was given a princess dress with all the accessories to go with. (photos posted below) Needless to say, she insisted on wearing the dress all evening along with accessories and pitched a fit when I wouldn't let her sleep with her earrings on. LOL. They are quite the gaudy ones and match perfectly with the whole attire. Approximately 20 minutes after she woke up this morning she found the dress and insisted on having her hair done and earring clipped on. I had fun taking photos of her ensemble. Enjoy!

Our December month has been going well. We had a successful appetizer party with a couple friends along with the traditional white elephant exchange. All the toddlers were entertained with helium filled balloons while sneaking the occasional cookie from the party platters. We're surprised our daughter didn't get sick that night because we were unsure of how many cookies she was able to get past us while hosting the get together. Other than that, I've been working with my church choir on songs for our upcoming Christmas concert this weekend. I have a mini solo to perform which will be fun. Our tree is filled with presents; I think we've gone a little over the top this year because of it being our first together as a family. :) We're excited about Santa this year!

I had a little belly check up yesterday. Esme is doing great; we should still be on schedule for the 14th of February for expected delivery. I found out that my doctor will be out of town the whole month of January, so if she decides to come early then who knows who the official deliverer will be. I'm just thankful that we live so close to the hospital.

Love and Blessings.






Our nightly routine with Ella.
We checked out a Christmas celebration on base last week.
Ella had to have Daddy hold her while meeting Santa.
She loves animals.
Our delightfully energetic little girl.

Patiently waiting to open presents. Christmas will be fun.

Please keep our family in your prayers for job opportunities and what decisions to make for our upcoming transitional changes. Hopefully we'll know something by February.

1 comment:

barbara kaye said...

Hi Liz, Jonah and Ella!!! Oh how we love seeing all the photos!!!! Ella IS a princess!..and a beautiful one at that. Thank you so much for posting for us all to share some of that Dornbos family joy.

You post reminded me of going to the church in DeFuniak to hear you sing, Liz. It's a very special memory for me....and I smile remembering Jonah's being there too, even though that type of music isn't really your *thing*, huh, Jonah? :)

I miss you guys so much and wish we were closer. We are praying for a smooth delivery of dear Esme, and for your future...when, where and how! :) Rest in the fact that God DOES see around the corners of our life.

Love you!
Barbara