Monday, December 7, 2009

Poop Checker

I'll start this entry with... don't worry everyone is fine.

Jonah and I got the opportunity to have a date afternoon on Saturday. We had planned to go see the movie New Moon. He pretty much was forcing me into going to see it with him because of the avid Twilight fan that he is. (If you don't know us, that's a joke... it's me.) Anyways, after the movie we also had planned to go out to eat together for the first time in months... just the two of us. Needless to say, our dreams of the perfect evening didn't pan out the way we envisioned. After we left Ella with our close friends, we made it less than three miles from there house before becoming involved in a traffic accident. Pretty much, we were stopped at a red light and hit from behind. It was a very minor accident, but enough to leave us with a nice bump in the back which seems to be preventing our hatch from opening along with a good 4 hours in the hospital. Any type of trauma (minor to major) when you are pregnant between 7 to 10 months you are to be monitored up to 12 hours from the incident. Luckily, the hospital staff felt we were good to go and allowed us to leave after four hours of testing. I'll have to say that this makes me incredibly thankful that everyone was okay and that I didn't go into labor. I told them that my mother in law was not here yet and I am not having a three pound baby. I'm guessing 7 lbs 11 ounces in February. ;) I'd have to say that our weekend wasn't that relaxing and went by rather quickly.

On a funny note... Jonah was in the bathroom shaving this weekend while Ella decided to grab his booty and ask, "Did you poop Daddy?". We have an official poop checker, I can only imagine what baby Esme is going to hear from her big sister. I've a feeling that Ella is going to be very interested in everything that Esme does and wanting to help as much as possible. She will be getting lots of baby doll items for Christmas to help with the transition of our second baby girl arriving.

The holidays have become very exciting around here. I'm already thinking of ideas for our meal and what all I'd like to try and bake this year. Hopefully we can arrange a little white elephant get together with some friends. Our neighborhood is filled with lights on everyone's houses. I'm quite impressed with the holiday spirit which I'm assuming has a lot to do with the fact that everyone has children in this area. Ella gets very excited about the lights. We went ahead and put her presents under the tree (except for Santa's) which she has done an excellent job in understanding that she can't open any until Christmas.

Lots of love and blessings to you all and may the joy of this Christmas spirit surround you.

Esme's Wish List

I've had some people ask about gifts for Esme. We are registered at Babies R Us and have a "Wish List" off of Amazon.

http://www.toysrus.com/registry/search/index.jsp?_flowExecutionKey=_c08D22C36-59AA-15A9-B7D3-E5FC70BE9301_kC11C854B-FAC9-4004-A9D2-F1036687300F&overrideStore=TRUS

http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/H6DR4I1963MT/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go

No comments: